Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Editorial Illustration Class


"Scaredy Hare" Acrylic
Just had to paint a woodland creature. The teachers (there were two) wanted us to just experiment with the paint first.















"Give Us What We Need" Mixed Media
This was for an article about how backwards it is to emphasize access to technology in parts of the world where they don't even have clean drinking water.















"Endurance" Acrylic
We had to pick a word (i.e. divinity, beauty, love, endurance) and an object (i.e. a tree, ladder, skeleton, etc.) and put them together! This was TREE and ENDURANCE. It was to teach us how to use cliches in a fresh way.







"Pigs in Wigs" Pen and Ink
This is a collaborative effort between me and Mckinsey Lewis. She is in my class, and she and I love our pen and ink. This assignment was to do a black and white caricature. Can you name the three monarch pigs?







"Fortune cookie: You are often unaware of the effect you have on others" Ink and Wash
We had to pick a fortune cookie and use the fortune inside. (I snuck two so I could at least have a choice...ha!)

Et voilĂ  !

2 comments:

  1. I got feedback today in class and my teachers DON'T LIKE IT!!! ARGHHH! They think the hands look too zombie-like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Scardey Hare"!!! Be sure your images can't be stolen or reproduced!

    Mrs. Sandy
    KHS

    ReplyDelete